The Year 2006!!!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Bye Bye Persistent...

Today as I prepare myself for beginning a new life, there are so many things that I need to leave behind: my family, my friends and my home sweet home. But one thing that I'm gonna miss the most is Persistent!

I can still remember the day I went for my first campus interview. I was very excited that day to know that even Nagpur has a reputed company called Persistent, who recruited mostly from IIT's earlier. I didn't want to leave Nagpur, and if I could manage to get a job in Nagpur itself, it would be my biggest dream come true! I really wanted to get this job.

I still remember how much I had prayed that day before appearing for the written test and how thankful I was when I cleared it. I remember how impressed I was on seeing Persistent's beautiful office the next day, when we went for our interview. I remember how I felt like dancing when I was told that I was selected. I remember the excitement amongst my friends to get the news,I remember the smile on my parent's face when I gave them the news. I remember how proud I was that day to become the first one to get a job in my class. It all felt so great. That was one of the best moments in my life!

The first day at Persistent was wonderful. We got a very warm welcome. I met so many new people, all coming from different cities like Indore and Bhopal. I was the only person from my college to join Persistent. Moreover, I was the only one amongst the girls who was from Nagpur itself. So everyone was new. I didn't know anyone at all, and so it was like a fresh start for me.

We had a month long training during which we learnt a lot of new things like Linux, Oracle, Perl, Java, QTP etc. I made a lot of new friends that time, some of whom I'm sure will remain friends for life.

The work atmosphere in Persistent was absolutely wonderful. It was more like having fun at work. The facilities provided were great. No dress codes, no timing restriction, first name culture, and free lunch and snacks, unlimited internet(though a few restrictions were there!). And the best part, we could listen to music with our headphones even during the office hours! And as you know I'm a music manic! So, what more could I want?

Even when I had loads of work,I never felt over burdened. I could always find time for my friends and family. I was hardly ever required to work over time except for may be a couple of times.

The most memorable period was during the Second Anniversary celebrations last November. I had a great time then, participating in all the events including cubicle decoration, treasure hunt, antakshari, talent display and so many other events which I can't even recollect now. I must say, I had my best time during that one week!

Even during the Gudi Padwa celebrations we had a rocking time. I knew this was my last event in Persistent and tried to make the most of it.

Eversince I joined Persistent, my outlook towards life changed completely. I find myself a completely new human being today, and I think most of it is for the better. The days I spent at Persistent will remain memorable all my life. I really thank God that something as good as Persistent happened to me!

Thank you to all the people at Persistent for making it such a wonderful experience for me. And yes, most importantly, I want to thank my parents for educating me so that I could get selected in Persistent, and also for letting me join Persistent. 'Cause without their support I would never have been able to make it where I am today!

And this is for all my friends at Persistent:
You were one of the best things that has ever happened to me in my life. I'll always miss all the good times we had together. I'll miss going to the vending m/c everyday, just to give you company. I'll miss seeing you at lunch time. I'll miss calling you up for snacks. I'll miss all the gossip that we shared and the jokes you cracked. I'll miss your commenting on seeing a chat or orkut window on my screen.

I'm gonna miss you all each and everyday of my life 'cause you were forever so nice to me. I wish you all, the best of luck for your future and just hope that someday, somewhere, somehow, when we happen to bump into each other, we'll be able to smile at each other and just say Hi! That will be the best day of my life!

6 Comments:

  • Well I m not gonna say bye to u...coz this may be LDAP but 4 us U will always remain an unforgettable friend...We have shared some good time together...I would to wish u all the very best in all your future endeavour... Have a blissful n happy married life..Aur bhool kar bhi hum ko mat bhoolna...Keep scrappin n smiling :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:46 AM  

  • Hey Shweta,
    Life goes on, turns into new roads & reaches several destinations at different points of time.
    U've reached a destination well before ny1 from our batch but hey other destinations r yet to come. So by gods grace we'll meet again at some point of time at some destination coz...

    Yeh zindagi badi lambi hai aur yeh duniya choti.

    We'll miss u 2. & may god bless u with all the wishes we wish 2 make for ur maried life.

    vikrant.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:52 AM  

  • Miss You friend...Be in touch

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 AM  

  • Miss you dost...Take Care & Kp in touch

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:22 AM  

  • Hey Shweta...we'll miss u a lot & it will never be the same without u. But life has to go on and i'm sure that u have lots of good things ahead for u. ALL THE BEST. Take care

    P.S. i cudn meet u on ur last day... i am looking fwd to c u soon.
    -- AMITA

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM  

  • Hey shweta..its really hard to leave our first company..m also missing Persistent a lot...its fantastic..the time spent there are unforgotable..i love to be a part of Persistent...each n every person over there has some quality....well miss u too...keep smiling!!! bfn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home