The Year 2006!!!

Monday, January 23, 2006

First Name Goof Ups!!!

     Has it ever happened that you confused someone with someone else just because of the same first names? It happened with me…..and can you believe it….twice in the same day!!!!     I’ll try to tell you about both the incidents in all the details I can recollect.

So let me start with the first one. This Sunday I got a message from an unknown number saying “Hi How r u?” I just casually replied back saying “I’m fine…how about you. By the way, who are you?” The reply was “Hi I’m Kapil”.
Now Kapil happens to be my school friend, and just the day before I had got a message from him giving me his new number. I was surprised and so I replied “Cool yaar…so now you’ve got three cells” to which he replied “No dear, this is my new number”. I asked him where he was, because he’s studying in Ranchi, and the number seemed to be a local one. He said he was in Nagpur and asked me what I was doing in the evening.
That day, I had planned to attend the singing contest at VNIT as a part of their annual cultural fest “AAROHI”. I told this to him and he said that he’ll also come to VNIT but then later he told me that he wanted me to meet his “would be fiancé’” in a place free from noise pollution. He suggested we meet at Tuli. But that happens to be very far from my place, and so I called up to tell him that I won’t be able to make it.
To my surprise, I couldn’t recognize his voice….and I also told this to him. I don’t talk to Kapil everyday, but still, this couldn’t be him! Anyways, he also said that he didn’t recognize my voice, so I thought may be it’s because we’re talking after a really long time.
When I told him I couldn’t come to Tuli, he asked me to suggest a convenient venue and surprisingly, he immediately accepted my suggestion. I told my parents about this whole thing, and after a bit of persuasion they permitted me to meet him. Meanwhile, Kapil had told me that there’ll around 10 more people at the get together, so I asked him if I knew any of them. He said that’s a surprise and I know three of them. I felt relieved, but I was very confused…Why did he want me to meet his girl friend? Why did he call he “would be fiancé” instead of simply saying girl friend.
With all there question running through my head, I got ready and reached my car. Just then my sandal ruptured. I thought it was a bad omen, any way; I changed my sandals and left for the place. But all the way, I was feeling really nervous. Somehow I managed to reach the place, and as I had already anticipated, I was the first one to reach!
I enquired if there was a booking by Kapil’s name, but there wasn’t any! I waited for sometime and then I called him up. He said his friend met with an accident and so he won’t be able to make it that day. I felt really bad, didn’t know what to do. I told my mom about the incidence and went to VNIT.
Later when I came back home, my dad was pretty upset with Kapil. He said he should’ve at least informed me if the programme was cancelled. Although I didn’t quite agree with him, but still I thought may be he was right. He should have given me some indication….moreover, he didn’t even bother to call me afterwards.
It was then that something dawned on me. Could it be that this Kapil was some other Kapil. After all, I hadn’t confirmed his surname! Then I also recollected the fact that I couldn’t recognize his voice.
Oh no! This very thought sent a chill through my spine!! Oh god! Had I been talking to a stranger….even went out to meet him!! Oh no! This couldn’t be true! I just hoped this was just my misconception, and that it was really my friend Kapil that I’d been talking to all this while.
But Alas! I got a mail from my friend Kapil the very next day, asking me where I’d been all these days. Evidently, he hadn’t heard from me for months!
Then I decided to sort things out. I asked this other Kapil his full name and obviously it wasn’t what I had expected! After that I gave him a good thrashing (verbal one) and warned him not to send me any more messages!!
God! This was one of the strangest experiences of my life! How much I thank god for him not being able to make it that day! God knows how I would have handled the situation!
I still don’t understand how this guy managed to get my phone number, and how I could be foolish enough to not think there exist other Kapil’s in the world too!!
So guys and gals, please be careful before you take someone as your friend! For you never know, what the truth is!!

5 Comments:

  • What did Kapil (stranger) said to you when you spoke (thrased) to him??

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:51 PM  

  • Your life seem to be interesting!!!


    By the way, I'm Abhinav. I came across your blog Id while Orkutting. So, I dropped by! You can alos visit my blog!!!

    By Blogger The Young Saint, at 6:53 AM  

  • Ha Haah...Funny.
    Hi,just checkin'
    Nagpur's changing colors like chameleon.Crowd looks trendier by every day..CCDs and Burpistas have arrived...ny McDs yet?
    Brand freaks, less geeks, 'YO' public is IN(I am evidently and obviously OUT)
    Me too from Nagpur,me too orkutting and me too have ma blog.

    By Blogger Tin Tin, at 11:05 PM  

  • well.. i dont kno y indian gals r so afraid of guys? u must not worry abt such situations...!

    u shd not thrash him too... he might be a good guy... he didnt hurt u at all...!

    cheers'

    By Blogger Kumar Singh, at 1:44 PM  

  • wat if the other kapil was kapil dev!!lolza u thrashed D HURRICANE

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home