The Year 2006!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Proud to be 4 pt Someone!!!

On 4th January 2006, I completed 6 months at Persistent. This marked the end of my probation period and thus 'twas the time for my first appraisal- Probationary Appraisal!!!

I completed my self appraisal in December itself. Although I worked really hard, and always tried to put in my best, I wasn't sure what grade I'll get in my supervisory appraisal.

The simple reason for this being, that I hadn't been allocated to any project then. So I was really worried about the reason, why, even after completing 6 months at work, I was still on bench (atleast officially)!!

I had worked really hard for my mentor project, Zimbra, but still couldn't manage to be included in the actual team. Since the reason behind this is still unknown to me, I blame myself!! Probably I wasn't worthy enough, or had not been able to work hard enough to be able to prove my worth.

Then came the project idea Approva. I had done some work on this project earlier, and so I got an upper hand in the job. But still, the project idea couldn't materialize, and so I was left on Bench!!!

So, in all, even after spending 6 months in Persistent, I couldn't manage to get billed and this I thought was because of some fault of my own.

Moreover, in my objective setting, I was expected to join one of WAG, SAG or Food Committee and also I had to contribute some questions in the SAS question bank. I had been unbale to achieve both these objectives, and so I was pretty nervous about the whole Appraisal thing!!

One more thing that bothered me was that my appraisal would be done by our HR manager, since I was yet "to be allocated" any project. She wouldn't know much about my contributions to the two projects, and so, I was prepared to get the worst kind of supervisory appraisal!!!

But then, as they say, God is Great!!!

And so, much beyond my expectations, I got 4 points out of the maximum 5 in my Supervisory appraisal!!! This was really a pleasant surprise for me.

My HR manager had consulted both my previous managers, and fortunately both of them said only good things about me.

I want to thank all the people at Persistent for helping me in doing a good job and letting me get such a good appraisal....'cause I don't know what would happen otherwise!!

The New year has begun on a pleasant note and I hope the rest of the year also continues the same way! I just hope to get a project really soon, and start proving my worth!!!

Once I get a project...I'll really prove that I deserve the 4 pts I got and am really Proud to be 4 pt someone!!

2 Comments:

  • Chaapa ....realy ...superb ....per main to 5.+1 hoon .....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM  

  • You worked on Zimbra ?
    I mean the zimbra from http://zimbra.com ?

    By Blogger Toufeeq, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home