The Year 2006!!!

Monday, March 06, 2006

What is so special about HumTum!!

These days, I've become an Orkut addict! All my colleagues are fed up of seeing it on my screen all the time. They keep askin' me the same question time and again ....
"Aakhir isme aisa hai kya?!!"
So I'm dedicating this blog especially to all those friends of mine.

First of all, Orkut was the place I found all my old friends. You know, I really loved my school a lot. But somehow I managed to lose touch with most of my friends after leaving school. Although I did still recall most of them, but didn't have the slightest idea what they were doing now.

On the first day of joining orkut, it felt completely new. It was quite confusing too, with no help available as such. But then, I found the community of my school in my friend's list and joined it instantly. I found soooo many old friends there, that I hadn't even imagined I ever would.

The initial few months on Orkut was just checking scraps every day, finding old friends and all that. I had just four communities on my list... my school, junior college, college and office. But one day, while surfing on orkut, I found a few interesting communities like Taurus, Friends, Remix on star one, A R Rehman fan club etc. I joined them and started looking for more.

I also created a few communities like "I Love Nature" and "Crazy about blogging". Although these groups haven't been able to create a huge fan following yet, they still helped me find more communities and people having similar interests. I also started participating actively in the forums of these communities.

Then I came across this community called HumTum. I joined it thinking it was a fan club of the movie Hum Tum. But I was wrong. This is how the community is described

The Battle of the Sexes is nothing new.When you get to know someone so different from you, its always a challenge to keep your own identity.Come, join and watch the two opposites react to each other. Its an experience worth fighting for.So come join.. all you boys and girls.

The forums were mostly games like "Guess, who is next", "select a nickname for da gul or guy above u","Last one to Post Wins", "Sing a song for the person above u" and "Antakshari". So I started posting here as well. Interestingly, this community turned out to be more active as compared to the others. I started getting responses immediately, and started enjoying it.

On the first day itself I made a lot many friends on HumTum. Most of them were from the IIT's and were as "fittehaal" as me. I'd like to especially mention Anmol, Akki, Shalini, Bhawna, Rachna, Vikrant, Rahul, Himanshu and Aditya here. They even read my blogs. Not only this, they also tried to popularize it. Isn't that really sweet and amazing!

Moreover, my real life friends never bothered to write any testimonials for me, but friends like Anmol, who hardly even knew me were very keen on doing that. See that's why these people are so very special for me.

I can spend hours together on this community. We play all sorts of silly games like guys+2 gals -2, chain game, last one to post wins etc. Then there are those games which try to introduce you to the person above you, like nicknaming the other person, dedicating a song for him, rating as bro/sis, frnd or bf/gf, rating the display pic etc. My favourite are the music related threads like Antakshari, Gaane ke badle gaana, rapid fire etc. We also have a Competition thread, where we just chat casually in an attempt to create the longest ever thread! All in all, we have a great time out there!

This was just an introduction of this wonderful community called HumTum. To experience the real excitement, you will have to come and be a part of it.

http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=88122

I really thank god for the day I joined this community. Even though there may have been a few fights on the community, but those are not enough to keep you away from your friends!! You do keep coming back to it.

HumTum is now a part of my life, and hopefully it will always remain that way!

2 Comments:

  • Yes, I read your post down to the bottom.
    I'm going to join the Hum Tum community.
    Thanks for the information

    By Blogger The Young Saint, at 6:15 AM  

  • @ d saint

    You are welcome abhinav, both for the info and to the community...we'll be looking forward to your posts on the forums!

    By Blogger Shweta, at 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home